Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labour Day Monday!!

It's the last day of summer vacay...
and I'm trying not to dance...but....
duh dahhhh....duh..dahhhhhh...

The girls are torn about heading back to school...
Maegs is excited about seeing her friends and her new back to school clothes...
but has NO INTEREST in having to do homework...
Cate is excited to get back to homework and all of the fun activities she does with her friends at school...but will miss sleeping in til noon...poor kid!!
I ,of course, will miss our very leisurely summer of campfires, swimming and tennis...family time and time with my hubby...

HOWEVER...

I am sooooo excited to get back into the swing of creating and playing in the studio again!! I'm itchin to get inky and make the paper fly like Edward Scissorhands!! LOL!!
I am starting with a book for my mom...
Her birthday is coming soon and I wanted to make an album of all of us for her.
Today was our family photoshoot...What drama!! What excitment!!
Of course Maegan walks into a post at the tennis court two hours before we are supposed to do photos and splits her lip wide open and swells right up...FANTASTIC!! Oh well!! I am the mom that documents everything!! LOL!!
It was a wonderful day chasing my family around trying to get them to sit still and smile, with their eyes OPEN all at the same time...OY!! I don't know how many hundreds of photos we took between my brother in law Nabeel, my sister Lucie, Caitlin and myself but I'm praying we at least got a few good ones!!
My five year old neice Isabella was a wonderful photo helper and she even took some fabulous shots!! She's such a sweetie!!
I'll be back to post some of our outtakes...I don't want to give away the surprise of the good shots...

I had better get going...lunches to make...songs to sing..
"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."
Create a beautiful day!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, and what a fun day it was!! Thank you so much for the wonderful photos! The fact that you captured us with our eyes open was a feat in itself! You know I am not a scrapbooker, but whenever I come into your studio I am so amazed at all of your stunning work. I don't know how you do it, such beautiful and creative work. It almost makes me want to scrapbook;) Maybe one day....but only in your studio! I will be booking my little boo in for some of your private sessions because she enjoys them so much and has so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete